Retail expert and top global influencer Natalie Berg has partnered with retail technology leader Red Ant to author a series of three whitepapers on the Store Of The Future, the final part of which is available to download for free now.
Using her years of experience and in-depth knowledge of the industry, in this final paper Natalie Berg looks at the last piece of the puzzle – fulfilment.
In our latest OnePoll survey among 1,000 shoppers, we asked what types of experiences they would like when in store and the top three answers all related to fulfilment:
- 48% want simple returns of online purchases
- 42% want click-and-collect
- 35% want to be able to order online while in store when items are out of stock
There’s no denying that the rise in online shopping has come at the expense of physical retail sales, but we can’t overlook the many opportunities it has also created for those retailers willing to evolve.
In this paper, readers will learn:
- why the most successful retailers today view their stores as assets, not liabilities
- why the future of retail isn’t solely online or in-store but a blend of both channels
- why you can’t have great customer experience without great operations
Dan Mortimer, Red Ant’s CEO, said: ‘At a time when retailers are faced with a unique set of economic challenges, it can be tempting to focus on customer experience alone. While it’s vital to offer the right kind of experience that sets you apart from the competition and encourages footfall, if you don’t tackle fundamental operational issues, you’re never going to meet those practical customer needs that are so often dealt with by just ordering online. Customers need to know that, after having a stellar experience in-store, they can pick up their purchases when, where and how they want to. That’s what makes The Store as a Fulfilment Hub essential reading for retailers developing their long-term digital store strategy.’